At Steve James the fruit, vegetables and herbs are all grown by ourselves and as this week it is National Allotment Week from the 8th August until the 14th August we thought we would share with you some of the things we are currently growing to be used in your meals. We are a caterer in Weymouth and Yeovil and cover the majority of Somerset and Dorset. Producing meals from fresh local and seasonal produce because it is what we enjoy and by growing the ingredients ourselves we ensure you are provided with fresh produce free from pesticides and picked the same day it is used.
Why Home Grown
Using organic home-grown produce means you know exactly where it has come from and how it has been grown. We use no pesticides on the produce so it is healthier. Where it is picked and used the same day it is fresher and free from preservatives, furthermore is better for the environment and I find it has a better flavour. Using our own free range eggs we can be sure where the eggs have come from, how the animals have been treated as well and knowing that they have been laid the same day that you use them. It is all about using the best quality and freshest produce and consequently it has a great flavour to ensure the best dishes.
- So first of all is Yellow pear tomatoes. Also as a result of last year crop we have plum tomatoes growing as well
- Raspberries, Strawberries, Pineberries and White Currants
- A variety of Pumpkin, Squash and Courgettes
- Cauliflower and Broccoli
- A variety of French and Runner Beans
- A great mix of herbs
- A variety of chillies and peppers
- we also have watermelons growing which we are unsure where they came from but probably from a bird dropping the seed on our patch
- And much, much more.
To see where we get some of our other great produce see our suppliers page here
Caterer in Weymouth, Dorset, Somerset, Yeovil, Shaftesbury, Glastonbury, Bridport, Bruton, Weston-Super-Mare, Sherborne, Dorchester and many other locations